Loveland Lightning Lacrosse is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization that solely exists to support Thompson Valley High School Lacrosse and various youth events. LLL is not affiliated with Thompson School District or Thompson Valley High School. Any fund raising efforts done with or on behalf of LLL, will remain within the LLL organization. Fund raising balances from graduating seniors will stay in place to support younger players/siblings. Any remaining balances after graduation will be donated to the LLL organization, player's choice, either "General Fund" or "Elaine McGhie Memorial Scholarship Fund". Continued fund raising support for LLL and the growth of lacrosse in Loveland is always welcome after graduation.
LLL would like to make fund raising as easy as possible for our
players and their families.
King Soopers Rewards Fundraising
If you have a King Soopers Rewards card, you can connect it with our Club's group account with the procedure below. King Soopers will contribute a percentage of your purchases to our group account. At the end of each Quarter, KS will write us a check. And we will separate out your Rewards card contribution for your player. See below for instructions on doing this.
To connect your rewards card to our group account
1. Sign up for a King Soopers Rewards card (the same card that gets you fuel points and discounts at the store)
2. Go here and either Sign in (if you have an account) or create a new account.
3. Once you are signed in, click on the "Community Rewards" link on the left hand side.
4. Search for our organization "Loveland Lightning Lacrosse" and click Enroll.
5. Every time you shop at King Soopers, or get gas through King Soopers, swipe your rewards card and our Lacrosse team will get money back from your purchase
6. Tell everyone you know to register with "Loveland Lightning Lacrosse" and use their rewards card!!!!
To redeem your rewards contributions for your player
1. At the end of each quarter (Apr, July, Oct, Jan), log into your KS Rewards account on your computer or your phone. This amount will only be visible until the end of the next quarter.
2. Search for Community Rewards and click on it.
3. Look for your "Contribution". Take a screenshot of it and send it to Dave Loomis firstname.lastname@example.org **
4. We will apply your contribution to your fundraising account.
** IF YOU DO NOT TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR CONTRIBUTION AND SEND IT TO US, WE WON'T BE ABLE TO APPLY IT TO YOUR PLAYER'S ACCOUNT!!!
Budweiser Events Fundraising Opportunities:
Students 16 and older can sign up to work at events. A portion of the event's concession credited to the player's account to use for registration, jackets, helmets, etc. Great income potential! Sign up here.
WHAT CAN THE MONIES I RAISED BE USED TO PAY?
- With a $250 balance, any additional monies over $250 can be applied to any season, warm up jacket, or helmet.
WHAT WILL THE COLLECTED FUND RAISING DUES PAY?
- Additional Coach's fees (TVHS/District pays for 2, LL pays for 4+)
- Face Off Dinner main entree for players and their immediate family
- End of Season Gift for each player/coach/manager
- Thank you gift for each coach
- Senior gifts
- End of Season Awards and Dinner for the players/coaches/managers
- Field usage at the Loveland Sports Park turf field when snow prohibits using school fields
- Away game meals for all players/coaches/managers
- All other incidental costs not covered by TVHS (TVHS covers: x2 Coach salaries, uniforms, game field usage, ref fees and away game buses--not including spring break trip)
FUND RAISING PLAYER BALANCE:
If you would like to know your player's current balance after fund raising or with any questions about fund raising, please email Dave Loomis at email@example.com
ELAINE MCGHIE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
ADMINISTERED BY LOVELAND LIGHTNING LACROSSE
This scholarship was created in honor of Elaine McGhie for her contribution to Loveland Lightning Lacrosse and her commitment to the continued growth of high school boy’s lacrosse in the greater Loveland, Colorado area. Elaine McGhie’s dedication to and support of Loveland Lightning Lacrosse will continue to live on through this scholarship in her name.
- Scholarships requests should be made for the current registration season only and must be for a specified dollar amount.
- Funding must be requested in writing by the parent/guardian of the individual player no less than one week prior to the start of the current registration season.
- Requests should be sent to the Scholarship Committee Chairman as designated on the LLL web site.
- At the time of application the player must provide proof of good academic standing (documented GPA of 2.5) and should be prepared to provide on-going proof if requested.
- The applicant must be recognized by the LLL coaching staff as exhibiting good sportsmanship, character and teamwork.
- Applicant families must agree to participate in the King Soopers Fund Raising program if not already enrolled.
- Applicant families must agree to volunteer to work at least two (2) home game concession stand sessions during the spring high school season.
- If a player receives scholarship money and voluntarily does not complete the associated season the full amount of player dues for that season must be paid to the club.
- The Scholarship Committee, comprised of 3 members of the LLL Board of Directors and 2 volunteer members from the community at-large, will evaluate all requests and determine recipients.
- At no time will a current or past coach, coach’s representative, or coach’s family member be allowed to be a sitting member of the Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarships will be granted on a per registration season basis.
- The annual Spring Break traveling trip is not eligible for scholarship funding.
- Scholarship monies will be applied directly to the player account balance due.
- Approved grants for sums exceeding 50% of expected individual player amount due must be agreed to by vote of the full LLL Board of Directors.
- One-time grants for past due seasons must be approved by the LLL Board of Directors and must not exceed 50% of the then current total amount due.
- The scholarship is funded through private individual donations to the Elaine McGhie Scholarship fund. Scholarships will be granted as funding allows.